Fashion Friday: Dapper Dirk on his Dutch Bike

01 Jun

Is there anything sexier than a man in a suit on a classic bicycle? Whether he’s rolling down Market Street to a business meeting in the Financial District or pedaling from Caltrain to Superior Court in San Jose, the well-dressed man on a bicycle knows he will arrive in style.

20120601-075136.jpg

Posted by on June 1, 2012 in Cycle Fashions

8 responses to “Fashion Friday: Dapper Dirk on his Dutch Bike

June 1, 2012 at 1:26 pm

His shoes are even shined – clearly, he’s paying attention to the details. :)

June 1, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Dirk takes after his mother–he always looks neat. As for the shoes, he was the spit-shine expert for his platoon in the Army Basic Training. It shows, doesn’t it.

2. anniebikes

June 2, 2012 at 5:26 am

I just discovered your blog.I look forward to reading more entries.

June 2, 2012 at 7:26 am

Thanks, Annie! I always have lots of ideas of what to write about. But sometimes I’m so busy riding it’s hard to sit down and write. Glad you are enjoying the blog.

3. Dottie

June 2, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Awesome! Wish I saw more dapper gentlemen biking around Chicago. :)

June 2, 2012 at 4:38 pm

I’m seeing more and more getting off the Caltrain in downtown San Jose. One guy the other day had the coolest Euro shoes and a super short beard that was really hot (don’t tell my husband).

But none of them have Euro style bikes which does spoil the overall look. Something about those pants leg tie-backs…

4. BigCam

June 3, 2012 at 3:05 am

I like his style! I’ve tried riding to meetings in a business suit on my Brompton, but I always end up looking completely dishevelled when I arrive at the other end.

June 3, 2012 at 8:47 am

For me, the secret to looking sharp at the end of the ride is taking it slow on the bike and stripping down a layer or two as I get warmer. Dirk somehow always looks neat, except after hard road rides in the hills. Actually, even then he looks pretty good.