Fashion Weekend Edition: Tunic Sweater Touring

05 Jan

Behold the tunic: too short to be a dress, too long to be a standard sweater. It’s my go-to sweater when I want the warmth of a sweater dress but I’m riding all over town on my diamond frame touring bike. Add leggings, tall boots and a wool cap (and a scarf) and I’m set to run errands or tour the city on a chilly Saturday.

Tunic & Tights
The shawl collar on this sweater was what caught my eye in the store. I liked the buckles too.

About Fashion Friday: Inspired by a 2011 Bike to Work Day challenge sponsored by the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition, this series highlights the broad range of “dress for the destination” bicycling fashions.

Posted by on January 5, 2013 in Cycle Fashions

7 responses to “Fashion Weekend Edition: Tunic Sweater Touring

1. anniebikes

January 5, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I think a tunic makes perfect sense for cold weather rding. It’s warm and fashionable. Since I don’t have any tunic sewaters, my version is to wear a short skirt with leggings, along with any wool or fleece top that coordinates well. I’ve also thought that a wool jumper would look good too and provide that hip coverage that we women crave.. I don’t own a jumper, but I’m considering making one.

2. anniebikes

January 5, 2013 at 1:58 pm

How cool that your sweater matches your bike…

January 6, 2013 at 8:11 am

Yes, short skirts with leggings work pretty much the same. I don’t know how many short skirts I have left that fit. Maybe I should dig deep into the closet…

January 5, 2013 at 4:59 pm

I like the necklace!

4. Sue Jones

January 5, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Dear one woman many bicycles, I really like your blog, great photos and text. I have been following Amsterdam Cycle Chic for some time and just found you and have added you to my favourites. Regards, Sue.

January 5, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Thanks, Sue! I’m flattered. I have a number of readers from the UK and I read a number of blogs from riders in the UK as well. It’s great to be able to share our stories “across the pond.”