Fashions for Fifty: Fifty is Fascinating and Flirty

14 Mar

One person’s frivolous is another person’s fascinating. A small hat embellished with tall fluffy feathers may seem frivolous, but to a women of a certain age a fascinator hat can be quite flirty, especially when combined with a flouncy petticoat, skyscraper heels and just enough cleavage to make the church ladies tsk-tsk.

Fascinating Portrait

Inspired by the poem by Jenny Joseph that begins “When I am an old woman I shall wear purple with a red hat which doesn’t go,” Fashions for Fifty is a month-long celebration of my fiftieth birthday in March 2014.

Posted by on March 14, 2014 in Cycle Fashions

8 responses to “Fashions for Fifty: Fifty is Fascinating and Flirty

1. Trisha

March 14, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Fascinators are definitely fun! I never would have guessed your age, BTW.

March 14, 2014 at 2:57 pm

You’re too sweet. Thanks!

2. archergal

March 14, 2014 at 2:54 pm

You totally rock that look! Makes me happy. And jealous. :)

3. Alison

March 14, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Happy birthday, Aunt Janet! Love the outfit! To me you’ve always been fabulous, but this dress kicks it up a notch :)

March 14, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Thank you Allie! I talked to your mom. She’s really looking forward to visiting you in DC.

4. georgie

March 15, 2014 at 10:50 am

Happy Birthday & wow you look amazing!!

5. Nancy L. Seibel

March 16, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Happy birthday! Love your theme for your birthday month. By the way I just got a fascinator for my upcoming wedding (I’m 58, btw). I would never have thought of it, but tried it on and it was so obviously right!