Fashions for Fifty: Fifty is Fashionable Forever

29 Mar

Every decade has its iconic styles, like the cloche hat of the Roaring Twenties and the knit dress of the Disco Seventies. But when a style truly works, it works for any decade, from your own roaring twenties to your own fabulous fifties. And when I’m in my seventies, look for me dancing the Hustle at the senior center.

Forever Portrait

Inspired by the poem by Jenny Joseph that begins “When I am an old woman I shall wear purple with a red hat which doesn’t go,” Fashions for Fifty is a month-long celebration of my fiftieth birthday in March 2014.

Posted by on March 29, 2014 in Cycle Fashions

6 responses to “Fashions for Fifty: Fifty is Fashionable Forever

1. Melanie Rosenow

March 30, 2014 at 5:57 am

Super cute! Wrap dresses are just the best.

March 30, 2014 at 4:21 pm

I have two short sleeved and two 3/4 length sleeve ones, so I’m well covered in all seasons.

2. KGH

March 30, 2014 at 10:34 am

Wonderful outfit. Now that I’m riding more, wrap dresses are growing on me. Lot’s of room for leg movement!

March 30, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Yes, knits are great in general for riding and the extra space in the skirt makes the pedaling (and mounting the bike) much easier.

3. labicichica

March 31, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Just how many dresses have you got girl? I want to see your closet!

March 31, 2014 at 12:14 pm

My closet runneth over, which is why Dick has his own in the spare bedroom.

For this series, however, I already had two of the dresses. They’ve both been featured before but with different accessories so you may not recognize them.